Sunday, January 14, 2007

Clapotis


clapotis
Originally uploaded by crafty mathea.

I was so eager to start using my new Clapotis that I almost forgot to show and tell :-) This is my second one, the first was knitted from a much thinner yarn and turned out quite short and skinny, so that's nothing to write home about - or blog about for that matter. I found the pattern at Knitty of course, but was not familiar with the yarn and I just couldn't seem to find anything similair in my neighbourhood. I loved the pattern and drape of the scarf though, so I knew right away that I wanted to make a new one. I ordered Lion & Lamb online, the colourway is Lakeview and I just love it! It is made from 50 % wool and 50 % silk and has a really luxurious feel to it. It is a bit brighter in real life. The second picture does it more justice I think - I'm still getting used to my new camera, and the heavy rain clouds all the time makes it difficult to take pictures (at least I hope that's the reason, not just the **** photographer!)

It turned out that I needed more than the three skeins originally called for in the pattern it has later been amended). When I discovered that I needed more, that colourway was sold out, so I had to do some detective work to find another online shop which carried the yarn, but eventually I did, and was able to finish the thing. So here it is, and I'm ready to face the world in it. If only it would stop raining...

No comments :