I have updated my blog a bit. I have been hesitant about changing to the new layout option in Blogger because of all the fiddling you have to do with colours, fonts and settings, but today I took the plunge. I managed to copy all the contents of the sidebar and I have also added a label cloud, thanks to a very helpful link provided by Diane at Going to Pieces. I see that I still have some tweaking to do - I think the margins are too wide, so either I have to make them or the banner narrower. But not right now.
Diane has provided further inspiration. Her post about her quilters' retreat where they made stack'n'wack-like blocks has been at the back of my mind for a while, and yesterday I just had to give it a go. I got out a great floral fabric and started cutting and sewing. So far I have made eight blocks. I can't wait to make more! They will eventually become a summery tablecloth I think. Maybe one for my balcony. My sister and I went to the nursery to stock up on flowers today and I have brought home lots og goodies. I'm too tired to do anything about it today, but tomorrow I intend to get it all sorted.