Friday, May 10, 2019

Camera cushion

It occurred to me that I never showed my camera cushion that I finished last spring on the blog. So here it is.

I must admit that I was inspired by Emily Peacock's Rodeo design which I stitched a few years back:

I bought it as a kit and loved working on it. When I came across that camera quote on Pinterest I had the bright (?) idea of challenging myself to create something similar. Designing is not easy, and in hindsight I see many things I would have done differently, especially when I compare the two designs.

Now I didn't want to be too much of a copycat, so I didn't look at the Rodeo design at all while I was working on my own, but I expect you see where the inspiration came from, and if the designer should come across it online, I hope she is flattered because I tried, rather than offended by my using elements from her design to create my own. I'll never try to sell it or anything - it sits well in my sofa in respectful distance from the cushion that inspired it. End of story. 

No comments :