Saturday, March 14, 2009

Aaah, much better!

I'm getting there - more organized by the minute! At least I can use my cutting table again! I've managed to find new places to store all the clutter - all the things I'm keeping that is. And there's a new project ready to be started. Yes, I know, I have a few (ahem) on the go already, but I was tempted to take part in the Mod Sampler Quilt-along on Oh Fransson!, and who am I - someone who can resist temptation? No Sir!

I might actually have managed to settle on the twelve fabrics for the blocks now after much dithering. I haven't quite decided on the sashing yet, though. White would be nice and crisp, but a bit impractical I think? I have never made a white quilt before, so I could make this my first. I was thinking of black initially, but have decided against it - the colours here are just so sweet and tender that the drama of black would be totally overpowering, I think. I'm also considering a light denim blue, and that could work. But so far I haven't got enough of any of those colours, so I need to get some shopping done. But that shouldn't stop me from making the first blocks!

No comments :