Thursday, July 30, 2009

Village quilt


Village quilt
Originally uploaded by
crafty mathea
I seem to be in full holiday mode lately. My brain has turned to mush, and I can't seem to hold a thought in my head for more than a couple of minutes at a time. For instance, I finished this quilt last Sunday, and thought I'd wait and post it for Mini Quilt Monday. Monday came and went, and I forgot all about it. Every time I have spotted the quilt I have thought I must remember to take a picture and post about it, and the next minute that thought is just gone.
Well, here it is at last. The checkerboard or fields in front of the village is made with plaited strips of black and white fabric - a technique I saw described in Quilter's Newsletter Magazine a while ago. The village is a photo, enhanced in Photoshop and printed on fabric, and so is the castle on the hill (not actually a castle, but Whitby Abbey - the famous ruin overlooking Whitby Bay in Yorkshire). The rest of the landscape bits and pieces are applicued directly onto the batting. Size of quilt: 12x18".

No comments :