Saturday, February 18, 2012

A little bit better

I made a new coin purse. It is more symmetric than the first one - one needs to be careful at stitching across those bottom corners when working this small it seams (the purse frame is about 3" wide) to make sure of this. I placed the seam slightly closer to the corners this time, which gives a wider purse. The drawback is that the bottom is narrow so the purse can't stand up on its own like the polka dot one can. I think I will place those box corner seams further in on the next one, making the bottom more square. I need to experiment a bit to come up with a shape I really like.
I'm also having some problems with the area where the side seams end and the "flaps" that are to be glued into the frame start. I have had to do a bit of frogging here to get it right, but I think I have learned enough to be able to do better on the next one. Practice makes perfect, right?

No comments :