Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Started and finished

Yes, I finally managed to start something and actually finish it the same day - it has been a while...
Winter isn't my most productive season, I guess. But a new phone needed some protection, and I winged it by cutting a piece of batting slightly wider than the phone and twice the length. Two pieces of fabric, right sides together, a seam around three sides, turn inside out, stitch opening closed adding a loop for the button, a bit of quilting, fold in half and a narrow line of stitching down each side, adding a strap for the hook, and voila - a new pouch!
I needed something for the charger, headphone and all, and decided to tackle something I have dreaded -  a snap closed purse. I bought five of these purse frames before christmas, but somehow, doubted that I could make one and make it look good. Well there's nothing like having a go. I used this tutorial, and wouldn't you know it - it wasn't too difficult! Well, it was a bit fiddly, and there's definitely room for improvement, but all in all I'm quite happy with it. I used the polka dot fabric inside the phone pouch and the text fabric for lining the purse, so they make good companions.

No comments :