Monday, February 20, 2006

And this is the result!


I finished my little house quilt today. I had trouble deciding on the colour of the triangles surrounding the house and ended up with blue sky with stars. I had an idea of making it look as if it was floating in space, but it didn't quite work out that way. With a darker sky and maybe continuing with the same fabric in the border I might have made it work, but then again, maybe not... Anyway, I'm quite pleased with it. As a sample for the class I might teach at the quilt shop next month it will work just fine. So tomorrow off it goes to the shop. If enough people find it interesting enough to sign up for the class, I'll have a bit of extra work. I'm in two minds about this. The only teaching I have ever done is a small embroidery group one Saturday last year. Is this really something I'll be able to do??? I have taken enough classes to know what doesn't work, and my reasoning is that if I make the class into something I might have enjoyed as a student, it will work - I think...If I'm able to get my ideas across to them? Come to think of it I have run several workshops at the guild as well and they have turned out OK. Well, we'll just have to wait and see. The handbag class in April is definitely going to happen though, there's a waiting list already!

No comments :