Saturday, February 25, 2006

Lazy day

I've had a lazy day in town today :-) I'm usually so full of plans for my weekends with all the things I want to do. My head is full of lists of housework, quilt projects and everything that I feel I need to do to use my time well, but today I didn't do anything and the sky didn't fall down... I thought I' just pop into town to pick up a few odds and ends I needed and ended up spending the whole day in my favorite quilt shop, my favorite restaurant and then the quilt shop again! It was great! They were having a miniature workshop that I hadn't signed up for - not quite my kind of thing... But several of my friends were there so I popped into the class room to say hi before I sat down in the shop with one of the owners who has become a great friend. We had coffee, discussed different patterns and projects we want to do, I bought a few things, and then some more... In between I helped out with several of the customers, more friends came by and we went out for lunch. Then back to the shop - I found fabric to make two new handbags from the Amy Butler patterns - as if I didn't have enough projects on the go... and a good time was had by all. We are just so lucky to have this shop, it's become my second home, probably like the corner shops you hear about from the olden days where the whole community meet to gossip and chat. Eventually I made my way home, head full of ideas and belly full of taco, not to mention the substantial Espreschoc I had for dessert - lovely, but a bit too much really - I won't need to worry about fixing any meals for a while...
I won't bother about doing anything "sensible" now either, just settle in front of the TV with my knitting, I think. I think a lazy day was just what I needed after a busy week :-)

No comments :