Tuesday, February 28, 2006

New project


I have cut all 18 strips for the new turquoise bag. I have had this project in mind for quite some time now, but somehow I haven't been able to get around to it. But now at least the strips are cut and I'm ready to start stitching. It has been a busy week - no crafting and no blogging :-( But I have set aside the weekend for all things stitchy. No Saturday trip downtown, a minimum of housework and some quality time with my sewing machine is what I have in mind. The bag I've started is the Chelsea Tote, but I'm going to stitch all my strips of turqouise together to use for the main body of the bag instead of using a single piece. I'm auditioning several fabrics for the pocket - maybe orange or fuchsia... More about that later. I have so many new ideas at the moment - a great meeting at my quilt quild on Wednesday brought lots of inspiration! One of the members showed a bed quilt in blues, yellows and a dash of lime green that I have been lusting after ever since. After reading about Project Spectrum and seeing this lovely pile of red and pink fabrics at Be*mused I'm thinking of signing up for the project myself, maybe using the block pattern from that blue and yellow quilt and make a table runner or something in reds and pinks, with just a little dash of lime... mmmmm :-)

No comments :