Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More journals

I had the day off today, and have spent the better half of the day assembling kits for my next seven journal covers. I think most of the time has been spent on picking out the fabrics - once I got into the swing of things at the cutting table, the rest went fast. I have a whole bunch of zippers in different colours - a friend of mine had a lucky find in an old haberdashery in Spain and bought a bagful so she could share with the rest of us when she came home. After

moving them about a bit, I have come up with one for each of the covers, so I won't have to buy anything for this project at all. Except the journals.
I wrote everything down while I was making the first cover, so now it's back to the sewing room, to see if I can follow my own instructions...

3 comments :

Tine said...

It was time well spent, you have picked out some beautiful fabrics :)

Lily Boot said...

Awesome! are these Christmas gifts?

calamity kim said...

oh, I love making them too! I buy composition books and cover them! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I gotta get back to sewing!