Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How could this have slipped my mind?

I could have sworn I had blogged about this earlier, but it seems I've only mentioned it in passing and shown pictures of the work in progress, never the finished quilt. I remember I was trying to get some good photos of it, and was waiting for the rain to stop so I could take it outdoors, but it never happened. Well, the rain stopped (and started again...), but the photo session never took place. I unfolded it quickly the other day to snap a few pics, but I see I should have smoothed the wrinkles out as well...
Never mind. The quilt went to it's new home last Monday, as a gift for my Mother's 70th birthday, and was received with a gasp of delight. The same lovely reaction I got when unfolding it at show-and-tell at my guild a week earlier. There's nothing like that spontaneous gasp through the room when presenting something you have made, is there? So you have to take my word for it - it is actually much better "in person" than the picture shows. There are a few close-ups here that show off the pretty café fabrics that made me start this in the first place.

No comments :