Saturday, February 06, 2010

Playing with a new roll

This arrived from Hancock's a little while ago. I had almost forgotten about it, since I'd ordered it back in October. It was sold out at the time, but lo and behold, three months later, there it was in my mail box! Not a Jelly Roll, but a Westminster Design Roll, with fabrics designed by Philip Jacobs. He is one of the designers of the Kaffe Fassett Collective, and his quilting fabrics are supposed to play well with those of the other designers in the collective.

They didn't stand a chance here, though - no auditions with others at all. I had a quilt design on my mind and after just a brief period of gazing lovingly at these florals, I got my rotary cutter out and the strips have become long and skinny four-patches. I'm happily adding black strips today, and might be ready to start assembling the quilt top tomorrow.
I'm saying this a bit tentatively, because I'm sniffly and my throat feels itchy, so I might not be up to much sewing. I'm hoping that a hot chili, some red wine and a good night's sleep might improve matters. Otherwise I might end up soing a bit of retail therapy - have you seen the new extra wide quilt backing Balis at Hancock's? Gorgeous!

No comments :