Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cool stuff

I came across this cross stitch generator via Whip up today - isn't it great? You can choose between six different fonts, spell out the words you want, and voila, you have a chart, ready to start stitching. I used to do a lot of cross-stitch earlier, but have had a pause for a while. Lately I have been thinking about starting a new project - I have several of them waiting in the wings, so it's just a matter of deciding which one to do first. That reminds me that I have a few finished pieces I should get framed too... well I might just spend some time playing with this generator first, I think...
-Or maybe with this thing - it's a Wordle - a toy for generating "word clouds" - you just type in a lot of words, click "go" and then you can change colours, fonts and settings to your heart's content. And the hours just trickle away...
I'm off to iron the backing for my tablecloth - the top is finished and I'll just have to decide on the quilting - someting simple I think, but it won't get started until Friday - it's my sister's birthday tomorrow so I have a party to go to.
Have fun!

1 comment :

Tine said...

That cross-stitc generator looks fun!
And happy birthday to your sister :-) Hope you have a great party...