Sunday, June 07, 2009

Flower Power

So here we are at last. This Quiltalong seemed to take me forever compared to the rest of the gang, but I kind of knew that it would when I joined, because I have had a lot going on workwise. And knowing me, I can't just stick to one thing at a time, but always have several projects going at the same time. But then it doesn't really matter, does it? It wasn't a competition anyway and I'm really pleased with the result
I was thinking of giving this one away, but maybe not just yet... I have used some of my favourite fabrics from Sandy Henderson and Amy Butler among others, and I'd hate to see them go. But I can't be all stingy with it now, can I? Half the fun is in sharing. I have a lovely girl in mind for this one, and her big day is still a few months away, so I can get to enjoy looking at it for a while. And actually having a finished quilt all lined up for somebody's birthday must be a first - usually there is nighttime sewing in the week leading up to the event or worse, a half-finished quilt that I take back to finish... I decided to be a bit thrifty and only use what I had in my stash for the backing, so I had to be a bit more creative than planned. It seemed like a good idea at the time to use that red and pink Sandy Henderson fabric on the back, the only problem: that was my last piece and I don't feel that I'm ready with it yet, so I might have to buy some more... Well, any excuse to go shopping, right?
Now go have a look at all the other lovely quilts in the Mod Sampler Quilt-Along Pool!