Sunday, April 29, 2012

Reunion Jack

My paper piecing project is finished. It didn't take as much time as I feared to remove all that paper, just a couple of TV-programmes...
I have seen several simplified versions of British flag cushions online, but I'm such a nitpicker that I had to try to make flags with the correct dimensions, which I found here. I drafted my flag in EQ and printed out the pattern for paper piecing . Some of the strips are so narrow, that I couldn't have made the blocks any other way. I used fabric from the Reunion line by Sweetwater, and a linen/cotton-mix for the frame on the front.
There are more Reunion fabrics on the back, and the zipper is hidden under the green stripe, using this brilliant method. So there you have it: Union Flag (or Union Jack as it is often called) + Reunion fabric = Reunion Jack.

No comments :