Thursday, October 16, 2008

Spiralling plans

A friend of mine came over last night and showed me a new notebook she had bought, with a practical, but (dare I say it?) unattractive cover. It was made from a stiff grey, kind of hairy felt, but the cover itself had some features that we both liked, and my mind immediately started playing with the idea. I tossed and turned last night, but came up with several features that would improve on the design, and make an even better book cover. Stitched up in some pretty fabric this would be perfect Christmas gifts. As my work day dragged on ( it's not that I don't like my job, but when you're "itchin' to be stitchin' " the workday seems soooooo long...) I doodled in margins and on post-its and came up with more improved features, so in the end I will probably have a design so far from the original that inspired it, that I can truly say that it is my own design. Now I only needed to find some cheap notebooks to go with them.
As luck would have it, I had a "shopping date" with a friend after work, and in the first shop we walked into, they had a special offer on spiral notebooks - 4 for the price of one - so I bought 8!

As this was the first shop we entered, I came to regret it - 8 notebooks are quite heavy... But at least it slowed me down a bit when it came to the rest of my shopping plans, so you could say I saved two times over ;-)

I came home too late to start work today, but tomorrow is another day, and then we will see if this idea of mine is any good!

1 comment :

Tine said...

How exciting!!!
Notebooks are usually pretty dull-looking -at best! So a way to make them pretty would be very popular :-)