Friday, January 20, 2006

Stuffed


I'm getting there! All the 12 dolls for my UFO-swag are stuffed and the first one is assembled. Well, almost.. They are all headless so far, but I just had to take a picture of the little pile of bodies - it's almost grotesque :-)
Couldn't help sneaking in the little bowl I gave myself as a xmas present. It's the excact colour I want to paint my living room walls and has the caption "The glow of a happy cat" painted along the rim along with the back cat. When I put a night light in it, the cat seems to be embracing it and is ever so sweet - it cheers me up no end, and that can't be bad, can it?
I'm going to collapse in front of the TV in a minute, but as I never can be idle for long, I've got my sewing kit ready to stitch some more bodies. The woodeb beads are the heads which are to b stuck on with glue later on, and I have some white and orange wool ready for hair and beards. I might be able to meet the challenge of finishing them before the end of the month!
It's been a busy week at work so I'm really looking forward to a fun weekend with my fellow quilters - it's "quilt till you wilt"-day tomorrow and we have all been challenged to make something yellow to remind us that spring is getting closer and the days are getting brighter. I've decided to make a small purse to keep my sunglasses in. It will look like a sun folded in half with a zipper along the fold. More about that tomorrow. I hope it works out, but zippers aren't really my favourite thing... Some pentagon coasters with stars are also on the agenda - a bit difficult to explain, but I'll take some pictures along the way.

No comments :