Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Get a life?


getalife
Originally uploaded by crafty mathea
I just finished this little quilt. It's not as impressive as it might seem, it's actually a Mary Engelbreit panel and I've just added the blue border. There's a lot of quilting on it though - the entire black background is covered in scattered seed stitches, I have added quilting lines around the borders of the panel and alternating lines of machine stitching and handquilting in the blue border ( a Jane Sassaman print), inspired by the wonderful works of BooDilly. By the time I had finished quilting everything else, the cheeky little girl had lost her perkiness and seemed to be wearing a dress several sizes too big for her. I amended that by cutting a slit in the backing fabric and lightly stuffing her with fiberfill before adding a patch to cover the scar. I hung her in my office today, and my was she popular! Everybody seemed to feel an urge to come over and touch the surface and study the different textures. At this rate I'll have to take her home for a good wash soon! Never mind - it made people interested in what I do, and that makes a change. We don't all have to talk about soccer all of the time, do we?

No comments :