Monday, April 12, 2010

Coasting through

How many silly puns can you take? That's just how it is here, I'm afraid. I finally remembered to take a picture of the round coasters I made just after I finished the square ones. I found the pictures here, and printed them out on fabric. After a quick spiral of quilting on each, I added binding cut on the bias. Well, actually, I managed to cut a piece of fabric to use this method, and cut my strips along the straight of grain anyway. I don't know what I was thinking! Well, I wasn't thinking, I suppose!! I couldnt for the life of me understand why I couldnt get the first coaster to lie flat and tried pressing it, spraying it with water, dunking it in water and press, press, press, but no luck. When it finally dawned on me that it wasn't cut on the bias, the coaster (the red one) looked a bit worse for wear, but I removed the binding and attached a new bias strip anyway. Hopefully I'll remember next time...

No comments :