Saturday, April 06, 2013

Bella X - tada!

I finally got round to quilting this. The top was finished some weeks ago, but it needed a little rest before I continued... This quilt was made from the tutorial at Stitchery Dickory Dock and was really fun to make. The blocks are quite big and don't really take long to stitch, if you don't spend too much time dithering about and admiring what you have done so far, the way I tend to do, or avoiding the sewing room altogether because it is to cold...
I used my selection of fabric from Lotta Jansdotter's line Bella, and added some from my stash. I like the grid that the crosses create and find that it adds some depth and interest to the design.
I quilted lines along the grid and filled in the areas in between with a loose stipple to keep it soft and make it drape well, because I want to use this as a tablecloth.
The white fabric behand the crosses is the text print from the Madrona Road line, and to echo this I used that text fabric from IKEA for the backing (again). Finished size is 42x42". The colours are a bit brighter than they look in these pictures - I woke up to a blizzard today and it is a bit darker than it should be if the calendar is anything to go by, sigh. Oh, Spring where are you?

No comments :