Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Scooting along

Sorry, couldn't resist that title...
I just had to show you the 3 zipper pouch I made for my niece's birthday. She turned 17 last week and has been getting about on a scooter this past year. When I found this scooter fabric from Monaluna, I knew right away that I needed to make something for her, and why not another pouch - they are quite addictive...
Because of the directional fabric, I needed to add a seam at the bottom, but unfortunately I miscalculated. I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't notice until I turned it inside out that the seam ended up 1/4" up on the front. Pulling the whole thing apart to amend it wasn't an option at that stage, so I added tiny box corners instead, giving the pouch a narrow bottom - it looked as if I had planned it that way and I was in fact complimented on that. So I'm not telling ;-)
The young lady herself had one comment: "cool" - and that's about the highest praise you can get from a 17-year old, isn't it!

2 comments :

Mama Pea said...

I love your bag! And I was going to comment on what a nice touch the box corners were even before you mentioned it! Well done!

Air Fryer Recipes said...

Appreciate yyour blog post