Sunday, August 24, 2008

And the winner is...

-Red!

For her warm and cheery character, swirly personality and ability to bind the other members of the crew together, creating a cohesive whole.

At least that's what I hope will happen. I brought the Sunflower Quilt to the quilt shop yesterday and we laid it out on the floor and tried out numerous bolt of different colours and shades. Each and every passing customer was drawn in to have their say, great fun was had by all, and eventually we settled on this red fabric. It has the swirly pattern of the red Bali I tried out earlier, without the purple bits. I tried various yellows, but with such a wide border (6 1/2") it just became too dominant, so red it is.

But first, there will be some more quilting on this, hopefully finishing later today. The closing ceremony has started, and I didn't reach my goal of watching it while hand stitching the binding, but I'm not very far from the finishing line...

3 comments :

Tine said...

How fun to take in advice from all the different shoppers :-) And a good way to get a lot af different opinions too! The swirly quilting looks great!
You did well on this challenge! I have come so far as.....well....ahem....I have found, bought and washed the fabrics I need! LOL!
We'll do it again in 4 years, right? Then maybe I can do better... I'm hoping to have more time on my hands then, as my kids will be 7 and 5 years old. Isn't that the age, when hanging out with mom is not so cool anymore?

Kristin Shields said...

I'm glad you picked the red! I think it will look marvelous.

Lily Boot said...

love the red! it's beautiful and will be the perfect finishing touch for your lovely quilt