Sunday, April 02, 2006

Pink glow


Things have been hectic here lately, so it's been a while since I posted anything at all. With lots going on at work and in the evenings I really haven't spent that much "quality time" with my computer. Not that I'm complaining, mind you! Parties both last weekend and this one - so there are people who want my company. And then a few visits to the quilt shop became longer than expected because we had so much fun. It resulted in even more fabrics and a few new books, but a great time was had by all, and I can always use the fabric as insulation :-D Friends came to visit, and good food was enjoyed, so all in all I have been having lots of fun!

Even with all this going on I managed to finish my Project Spectrum challenge for March, just a day into April. I played around with all my pink and red half square triangles and ended up with this:

Some lime green was added for extra interest, and as a hint of things to come (the April challenge) I added a yellow and orange stripe for the binding. The picture doesn't quite do it justice - the green isn't quite as bright as it seems, but blame it on the photograper(me) or the camera (old digital one). Anyway, I'm happy with the result and this is one I'm going to keep. The strange proportions for a table runner makes it difficult for anyone else to find a use for it anyway - it is custom made for my thrift shop coffee table!

I seem to be very into pink lately. I don't know why . I have always been more into bright colours and a lot of green, blue and turqouise. I still am, but keep beeing tempted by soft hues lately. One of the new books I have bought is this one: Home Sweet Home and I'm seriously considering to start making this. Very soft and pink, and almost big enough to go on a bed, but not quite, and certainly far to big to hang on any walls here. So what's a girl to do...

No comments :