Monday, July 28, 2008

Large florals

When sorting out my fabrics I came across these treasures, tucked away waiting for inspiration to strike. I just loved these huge flowers when I first saw them, and bought pieces at shops and shows whenever I could find some. But I have been hesitant about that first cut, and they have been left unused and almost forgotten for a while now. That is no good, I want to use them, and know I have decided what to do. They will become a modern strippy quilt. Something like this, but with green sashing, I think. I have been picking out fabric for that one too, so now I have two piles of fabric waiting to become quilts - that should keep me busy for a couple of days, don't you think?

Do check out Anita at Bloomin' Workshop's photos and links to other albums featuring the Sisters Outdoors Quilt Show - there are so many beautiful quilts there! One day I will visit Sisters on the second Saturday in July to see the show for myself ...

2 comments :

Tine said...

That strippy quilt is gorgeous! It will really show off those beautiful big floral prints :-)

cathleen said...

I adore your fabric photos. I really have a very hard time cutting into my fabric to make my quilts. Come see my fabric stash.
Cathleen