Friday, July 25, 2008

Dabbling

I seem to have been unable to settle down and DO anything lately. I was so eager to sew after I had got my fabric all sorted, but none of my marinating quilts seemed very tempting, so what does a quilter do? She starts a new project of course!
I had picked out three fabrics for a tablecloth a while ago, and wanted to try my hand at the "Disappearing Nine-patch" craze which seems to have gripped most of my friends lately. It soon turned out that the amount of fabric I had purchased was not enough for more than a little table topper though, so that too came to a rest. Then it occured to me that I have this Project Spectrum thing going. I finished the Fire quilt on time, and thought I would have plenty of time for Earth, but before I knew it we were well into June. It was actually almost finished by the end of the first week of June, but I didn't quite know how to finish it, so I started straight away working on Air. While I was doing that, it occured to me that some brown knitting wool couched along the edge would do the trick. It stil needs some beads or hand embroidery or something, but I'll get around to that shortly. I'm quite pleased with Air, though, which has puffy organza clouds around the edge.
Come August it is time to start on Water, so I must see what ideas I can come up with there. I'll show these two as soon as the embellishing is done.

Things seem to be picking up on the quilting front, though - I bought some more of the tan fabric for the tablecloth yesterday, so I can add a couple of borders, and that might just do the trick. And I received the most amazing and inspiring quilt book from Amazon yesterday. More about that later, let me just say that I can't wait to start making something new!

1 comment :

Tine said...

Project Spectrum looks like fun! And your quilts look amazing! Can't wait to see them :-)
The tabletopper is wonderful, I like the blue and brown :-) Disappearing nine-patch has been showing up a lot lately, I've been wanting to give it a try as well.. Maybe I will take inspiration from your color-choices?! I do love those colors very much ;-)