Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Quiltalong

There is actually quite a bit of sewing going on here at the moment! Carried along by the momentum of finishing the Sunflower quilt I also finished adding the sashing to my Quiltalong sampler. I need to be extra creative when it comes to piecing the backing, though, as I haven't got any large enough pieces of any of the fabrics to follow the directions. I think I have worked out how to do it though, and while my mind is mulling over this, I have unearthed another UFO to try my hand at some machine trapunto, now where did I put that water soluble thread?
And there is another project I'm just dying to start...
It must be Spring Fever or something! There seem to be so many ideas buzzing around in my head these days that I don't know where to go next. So maybe I should just take a deep breath, and try to focus. This might be a good time to get started on a craft journal, just to get all those ideas down on paper before they drift off again. Or is starting a journal just another project that should wait in line until I have finished some of these quilts?
There won't be any more sewing until Friday anyway, as tomorrow there's a stitch'n'bitch night at the quiltshop. I'd better get some handsewing together to bring along for that!

No comments :